Last Updated: May 25, 2018
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how More Golf Today (“us,” “our,” and “we”) uses your information and applies to all who use our Web site, mobile applications, electronic services, social networking sites, or any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, city-specific, or other area-specific Web sites we offer that link to or reference this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”) and when you receive electronic communications from us.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and review it periodically for the latest information about our privacy practices. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your personal information or interact with the Site.
Notice to EU Individuals: this Privacy Statement and its enumerated policies are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above. You can review the last version of this Privacy Statement here.
1. Types of Information We Collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with More Golf Today;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, Business Partners;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products, services, enter a More Golf Today contest/sweepstakes/giveaway, or sign up for our deal alerts on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to Online Communities; and
- provide information to our Vendors.
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them. We collect Internet-related Information from visitors to our Site, including the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to this Site, the country, state or province, the pages of our Site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms you entered on our Site, for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of Site activity. We track customers’ traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including which pages or specific URLs a customer views while using the Site. We use your Internet-related Information to diagnose problems with our servers and software and to administer our Site.
Should you want a copy of all of your personal information that More Golf Today has in their data, please send a request to [email protected]
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
2. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to More Golf Today, and you can limit the communications that More Golf Today sends to you.
You can manage your email and notice preferences by choosing to unsubscribe to More Golf Today emails. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial e-mails that we send you. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site.
You may manage how your browser handles Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain Third-Party Ad-Servers online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain Device Data with More Golf Today, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from our Business Partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
3. How More Golf Today Uses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf), use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- Provide you with personalized ads and offers for products and services from us and participating Business Partners;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed on the Site – for example, for More Golf Today vouchers and other goods and services, including tracking redemption;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about More Golf Today and our Business Partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from Other Sources;
- We have many golf partnerships and will share your information with our golf partners when you purchase one of their products as a deal on www.moregolftoday.com.
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Business Partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants, Business Partners, or third parties through the Site, and to
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from Other Sources to help us better understand you and determine your interests
4. When and Why More Golf Today Discloses Information
We (or our Vendors on our behalf) may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- with any More Golf Today Affiliate who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
- with our Vendors to provide services for us and who are required to protect the Personal Information;
- to report or collect on debts owed to us or our Business Partners;
- with relevant Business Partners:
- with whom we jointly offer products and services;
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer on behalf of the Business Partner;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of purchase, a sponsored reward, offer, contest, program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate;
- to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a More Golf Today voucher, goods or services offered by a Business Partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through More Golf Today on behalf of that Business Partner;
- with a purchaser of More Golf Today or any of the More Golf Today Affiliates (or their assets);
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Affiliates, users, and Business Partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting More Golf Today;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- with your consent.
We encourage Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of Personal Information obtained through More Golf Today is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants or Business Partners on the Site and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
5. How More Golf Today Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, purchase or redeem More Golf Today vouchers, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to an Online Community.
When you access these pages or open email messages, we use Pixel Tags and Web Beacons to generate a notice of that action to us, or our Vendors. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve the Site’ pages and promotions.
Device Data may be collected when your device interacts with the Site and More Golf Today, even if you are not logged into the Site using your device. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- – “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- - “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
6. Security of Personal Information
More Golf Today has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your financial account information, and the other information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account on www.moregolftoday.com or by sending us an email at [email protected]. Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we, our affiliates and business partners offer you the offers that are most relevant to you.
If you want to close your More Golf Today account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services contact us at [email protected]. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Social Networks
Social Community Areas
9. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by More Golf Today through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
10. EU/EEA Safe Harbor; Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
More Golf Today, Inc. is headquartered in the United States of America. We recognize that the European Community has established a data protection regime pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC (the “Directive”). The Directive applies to the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Switzerland has also established a data protection regime pursuant to the Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”). These regimes restrict companies in the EEA and Switzerland (collectively, “EEA/CH”) from transferring personal data about individuals in the EEA/CH to the United States, unless there is “adequate protection” for such personal data when it is received in the United States. To create such “adequate protection” and allow our affiliates, vendors and business partners to overcome the restriction on international data transfers established by the Directive and the FADP, we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles published by US Department of Commerce (“Safe Harbor Principles”) with respect to personal data about individuals in the EEA/CH that our subsidiaries and business partners in the EEA/CH send to us, (“EEA/CH Data”).
If you live outside the United States (including in the EEA/CH), and you use the Site or provide us with personal information directly via the Site, your information will be handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement. By using the Site or giving us your personal information, you are directly transferring your personal information and non-identifiable information to us in the United States. The United States may not have the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction. However, you agree and consent to our collection, transfer, and processing of your personal information and non-identifiable information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You are solely responsible for compliance with any data protection or privacy obligations in your jurisdiction when you use the Site or provide us with personal information. Regardless of where we transfer your information, we still protect your information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
11. Children’s Privacy
This Site is not designed for, nor do we believe it is appealing to, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We encourage children to consult their parents before providing personal information. Parents, to learn more about how to protect your children online, visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm.
12. Contact Us; California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at [email protected] You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
Selnads, Inc. (More Golf Today)
Attention: Privacy Office
4750 Santa Lucia Dr, Woodland Hills, CA 91364 USA
If you reside in Canada, you may have the right to be provided with access to Personal Information that we have collected about you and written information about our policies and practices with respect to the transfer of your personal information to Vendors outside Canada. E-mail us at [email protected] with questions.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by More Golf Today pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or address stated above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
13. Behavioral Advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- - Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
14. European Resident
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
15. Glossary of Terms
Affiliate means a company owned and/or controlled by More Golf Today, Inc.
Business Partners means, collectively, third parties with whom we conduct business, such as merchants, co-marketers, distributors, and resellers.
Cookie means a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Site. Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session cookies” are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent cookies” are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser.
Device Data means information concerning a device you use to access, use, or interact with the Site, such as operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device, geo-location, unique device identifier or other device identifier, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
Non-Identifying Information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. Non-Identifying Information may be derived from Personal Information.
Online Communities means, collectively, our social networking pages or accounts, forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on or linked through the Site.
Other Sources means sources of information that legally provide More Golf Today with your information, and which are outside the scope of this Privacy Statement at the time of collection.
Personal Information means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This includes the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Relationship Information: information you provide that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected through your interactions with social networks, demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have purchased More Golf Today vouchers as gifts or who have bought More Golf Today vouchers as gifts for you; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred;
- Transaction Information: information you provide when you interact with us and the Site, such as the More Golf Today vouchers you are interested in, purchase and redeem; email and other communications; and how you interact with Business Partners and our Vendors; and
- Financial Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for More Golf Today vouchers or other products or services that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in optional services and programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
Pixel Tags and Web Beacons means tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions.
Third-Party Ad-Servers means Vendors and other third parties that provide the technology to place ads on websites and track ad performance.
Vendors means, collectively, third parties that perform business operations on behalf of More Golf Today, such as transaction processing, billing, mailing, communications services (e-mail, direct mail, etc.), marketing, data processing and analytics, servicing, collections, or ad management